BOLLYWOOD ACTRESS

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Shahid Kapoor 'rejects SRK comparisons'



Shahid Kapoor has said that he is not worthy of being compared to more experienced Hindi film stars.

The 36 China Town actor told The Times of India that such comparisons are not appropriate.

Kapoor commented: "I feel terrible about the comparisons with everybody because I feel I am really undeserving of being compared to someone like a Shah Rukh Khan or Aamir Khan or any of these people who have had such achievements."

The Delhi-born actor, who has been frequently compared to Khan since his debut in Ishq Vishq, said that he has struggled to get to where he is now.

"There's a long way for me to go and I don't want that pressure on me, frankly. Like I said, it's not easy when you don't have anyone backing you," revealed the former dance instructor.

The actor will next be seen in Mausam opposite Sonam Kapoor.