BOLLYWOOD ACTRESS

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SRK was pampering me a lot: Claudia



After her stint in 'Bigg Boss 3', model-turned-actor Claudia Ciesla is hoping that her performance in 'Zor Ka Jhatka' opens up doors for her in Bollywood.

How did " Zor Ka Jhatka" happen?
The production house for "ZKJ" is the same that was behind "Bigg Boss". They approached me for this show and when I heard the concept and that Shah Rukh Khan was the anchor, I had little reason to disagree. I judged that it would be a fun show.

Of late, the shortcut to success and greater visibility seem to be participating in reality shows...
I have no intention of taking this route for being in the news. My attempt has been to do quality work and one has to keep in mind that this is a show with celebs. If "BB" was more of a mental game, this one tests your stamina and strength. If the audience saw my willpower in "BB", they will get to see how tough I am, physically. Considering that this is the first season of "ZKJ", my guess is it will be hugely successful. After all, people want to be entertained.

And did you have an 'entertaining' experience while shooting in Argentina?
I did. This game is about the right timing. There are four rounds in every episode and only one person is the winner in these rounds. We had to compete with toughies like boxer Manoj Kumar, squash pro Ravi Dixit and Vindoo Dara Singh.

How was SRK?
He is not called the King of Bollywood for nothing. SRK was rocking. The way he was putting the questions to us, they were, at times, naughty and sometimes, tricky. One should take a leaf out of his book. His charisma, energy and sense of humour are praiseworthy.

How did your interaction with him go?
He was interacting with all the contestants over the phone. And SRK was praising me a lot as I was doing well. I had a chance to interact with him recently in Mumbai, and I must say, that he is a cool and funny guy.

Did you introduce yourself to SRK or did he know you from before?
Surprisingly, he knew me from my "BB" days. Even at the launch party, he called me by my name. Fact is, I am smitten by SRK.

Did you approach him for work in Bollywood?
It's not my style to ask anyone for help. Everyone is after his life wanting to use his name for a Bollywood entry. Fact is, it's humanly impossible for him to help everybody. I don't want to bother SRK with such requests. I am sure if there is any role of a foreigner or something that suits me, he will not forget me.

Any compliment from the Badshah that you cherish?
He said he was proud of me. Shah Rukh was pampering me a lot. While we used to address him as Shah Rukh on the show, personally, I address him as 'sir'. I have too much respect for him.

Apart from SRK, the show was also in the news for the injuries it caused to some participants...
Yes, three or four contestants had to go back to India because the injury was pretty serious. But otherwise, there were masseurs, physiotherapists and doctors on-call during the shoot.

Did you, at any point of time, feel like quitting?
Never. I had a thousand blue marks but I took them in the spirit of the game.

Who did you bond with the most?
All the 30 contestants were like one big group. Yes, I was close to a few but I don't want to take any names as they are all friends.

What's next?
Before coming on the show, I finished shooting for Anand Kumar's Kannada film, "Private Number". I am hoping, with the exposure on the show, something good turns up in Bollywood too.